Thursday, January 29, 2009

A call to arms!



//Warhammer - Expansion Announcement

Around noon it was announced that there will be free content expansions along with 2 new DPS classes in these coming months. Dwarf Slayer and Greenskin Choppa will be introduced in March. There will be Monthly live events along with a new scenario and RVR area called the Land of the Dead. Pretty exciting news! Check the Herald for details.

If you are in the New York area next week, be sure to check out the Mythic booth at the Comic Con New York. Apparently you can win prizes too. I am dying to go but alas, I live on the West coast...


//Pirates of the Caribbean Online

News hit us at DOS (Disney Online studios) of some layoffs in both the ABC studios sector, Disney Interactive and Internet divisions. I was able to dodge the bullet for now but I have a feeling that Pirates Online isn't meeting expectations. I'm a bit surprised that the game isn't bringing a slew of people, cuz heck..it's free. Some good news is that the New Port Royal redesign is bringing people back to the test server. I'll be on the test server as Jade Seawalker. You can come up to me and chat, friend me and go on quests if you like. I don't advertise anywhere else that I am Disney staff or anything because I am trying to enjoy the game from a guest's point of view. Just trying to keep it low-key. Anyhoo, hope to see you in game sometime. I'm usually on during work hours/lunch time.

Read Kotaku's Article

No comments:

Post a Comment