Monday, November 23, 2009

Gnomon School of Visual Effects

This is a bit off-topic but... I'm currently enrolled in a Maya class at Gnomon. It's a private school that has instructors that work in the Game and Movie Industry. My class is actually taught by my coworker, which is amusing in a way since I tend to give him a hard time in class.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool that employees from Blur studios are teaching classes there now. They worked on the Warhammer Online trailer and also the Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer for E3. Their work is pretty phenomenal. I plan to take more classes in the future as well, but it's really difficult since I basically have no weekend since I have class and homework on top of working full time.




For my final project I have selected the Starship enterprise-D since I'm a Star Trek fan and it's a lot easier to do 'mechanical' objects opposed to organic forms. This is my current progress. I still have a long ways to go :(
Anyway, I highly recommend Gnomon as a school. It's pretty pricey but well worth it. They are a govt. accredited school as well, so I am able to take the class for free since 'the mouse' is paying it for me.

I hate NURBS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I am also willing to join any good school of visual effect and animation. Can you give me some more information on enrollment process and intact and study structure of Gnomon?? or give me the link of it's site so I can find information from there..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can visit their site here:
    http://www.gnomonschool.com

    Enrollment is pretty easy. All you do is select the class you want on their site, and pay for it and that's it.

    They offer individual classes, online courses, An entertainment design 1 year full track, A 2 year CG track, and a Maya 9-week fast track option.
    Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete