Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Warhammer - first encounter with drama

I finally logged on Warhammer after being away for nearly a week. I only do ORVR now and ignore quests and scenarios since, those beginning to become a little repetitive and boring to me. My only issue with ORVR is that I wish Order players would attack us directly instead playing keep-tag. It was great that they put up some defense at the keeps, and even managed to wipe half the warband out last night but yeah..more resistance is fun, even if it is futile!

//Cry Moar Noob story of the week//

We all know many players don't listen and are generally greedy, selfish bastards ;)... Well, my first encounter with a "Cry Moar Noob player" -- lets call him "M" for now -- was about a few weeks ago while in a warband doing ORVR. He is also a disciple of khaine like me, but I noticed that he was barely keeping his party alive so I had to step up my heals and heal his party and mine at the same time. Then he started to whine about how he never gets high rolls for the loot, claiming that he was healing and doing DPS. He whined for like 2 hours while we were doing keeps and people were getting fed up and I think he /ragequit the Warband. Flash forward to last night...I join a Warband and I notice that the warband leader with other players, were fighting with "M" over region chat. It was getting pretty ugly. Apparently "M" and our warband leader had some history from DoAC. I'd rather not get into it. Seriously though, why hang dirty laundry out in the region chat?

I don't like "M". All he does is whine and complain. If he sucks less and does his job, he will get higher rolls on the loot. If you see him in the game, please /point and laugh at him. Congrats "M", you are the Cry Moar Noob of the week.

3 comments:

  1. Too much QQ and less pew-pew usually pisses off any MMO group party. In my WoW guild, mostly the drama stems from a player who just doesnt know how to properly play his class or fill a specified role in a party. And usually, its a healer or hybrid class. If they cant mana-manage well, or if they can't keep a steady burst of damage output but without pulling the aggro from the tank, they'll blame it on other party members. Some even blame it on their computer lag. Other times, they'll try to heal and dps at the same time -- which often shows the making of a noob since in a group environment, you really have to just focus on one spec at a time or risk jeopardizing the group's set balance. We had one event where the priest aggro'd too much. Which forced, the secondary hyrbid-class healer to concentrate on the maintank, the offtank, AND on the priest. Next thing we knew was a barrage of cussing from both healers... while everyone else got wiped coz we lost the stance dance on this one powerful boss. There's just too much drama in mmo games. So lately, we imposed a "taxation" fee. If you QQ, you have to pay 100g... or get booted out of the guild or you dont get priority loots or in the qeue for raid events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it happens a lot in WoW, Sadly. There are a lot of kids that play that game and don't play their job class well or even know what they are doing..

    lol guild tax, good solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I wish I had some cheese for all the whiners out there.

    ReplyDelete